Date & Location
February 27 - March 1, 2017
California District Attorneys Association Training Center
921 11th Street, Suite 300, Sacramento, CA 95814
Due to high demand of hotels in the Downtown Sacramento area, a room block has been secured at the Courtyard Marriott Sacramento Midtown. This is approximately 6 miles away from the location of the training.
Courtyard Marriott Sacramento Midtown
Room Rate: $95.00 + Tax
Topics and Requirements
The Basic Pediatric SAFE (Sexual Assault Forensic Examiners) Training includes three (3) days or (18.75) hours of classroom training, fourteen (14) hours online training delivered through the University of California, Davis (UCD) Extension Program, and six (7.5) hours of online training by watching 3.5 hours of webinars and 4.0 hours of videos produced by CCFMTC for a total of 40.25 contact hours. The online program through UC Davis Extension Program covers child sexual abuse epidemiology, mandated child abuse reporting requirements, service delivery models, developmental anogenital anatomy, use of the California Cal OES 2-925 Forensic Medical Report Form (for non-acute exams) and Cal OES 2-930 Forensic Medical Report Form (for acute exams). These forms, instructions and protocol can be downloaded from the CCFMTC website. Classroom training covers patient history taking, examining prepubertal children and adolescents, physical findings and their significance, documentation and conclusions, and a full day of interactive skill stations on evidence collection and evidence collection and handling.
The 4 videos in recommended viewing order are:
1. Compassionate Care: An Overview of the Sexual Assault Clinical Forensic Medical Examination for Healthcare Providers (57 minutes)
2. Examination Techniques for Medical Providers in Cases of Child and Teen Abuse (45 minutes)
3. Sexual Assault Forensic Medical Exam: Procedures and Techniques (70 minutes)
4. An Overview of the Suspect Exam (30 minutes)
The 4 webinars in recommended viewing order are:
1. Examination Findings in Child Sexual Abuse - Normal or Not? (1 hour 3 minutes)
2. Are Sexually Transmissible Infections in Children Always Sexually Transmitted? (1 hour 16 minutes)
3. Evolution of the Assessment Scale in Child Sexual Abuse Forensic Medical Examinations (1 hour)
4. Nearly Normal: Medical Conditions and Normal Variants that Mimic Child Sexual Abuse (30 minutes)
Pre and post tests are given for the videos and webinars. An 80% pass-rate is required; or, the video or webinar must be viewed again. Students will only be given credit for actual hours of attendance and completion of online training.
Agenda & Faculty Listing
Click Here for Agenda
Click Here for Faculty Listing
California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) Credit: Attendees will receive a California Clinical Forensic Medical Training Center Certificate of Attendance and 40.25 BRN contact hours.
A full refund of training registration can be given if cancellation is received 14 days before the first day of training. If the course is cancelled by CCFMTC, students will be notified by email and telephone at the email address and phone number provided at the time of registration, and registration fees will be refunded to participants. No refund will be given if the student fails to contact CCFMTC prior to the start of any training.
Contact Christina Pritchett with any questions about the training program and about hotel recommendations before booking your room by calling (916) 930-3062 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Price: $400 (In-State Residents)
Price: $600 (Out-Of-State Residents)